Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tom's European Adventure...


I spent the month of January 2013 in the wonderful country of Germany.  I was doing a rotation at Landstuhl Army Hospital.  The rotation was great, and I learned a bunch about regional anesthesia.  Also, I got to tour Europe on the government's dime, so that made it especially nice.  Since it was January, it was pretty cold and snowy, so my touring was limited.  In Germany, I got to see some castles, and partake was some German Cuisine.  I also had a 4 day weekend, and I dared to make the trip to Paris.  Let's just say that my trip to Paris on the high speed train (ICE train) was not a pleasant experience.  Not only was it canceled on the trip to Paris, my train was also canceled on the way back to Germany.  So I had to scramble and take some round about trip getting there and going home resulting in a loss of about a day of prime Paris tourist time.  Despite the set back, Paris was great.  It was crowded and I have never felt more claustrophobic on a metro train, but it was fun.  I got to the the Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, The Louvre, Musee d' Orsay, and the Notre Dame.  It was a wonderful time and I will never forget it. The next time, I am definitely taking Shelley!  








No comments:

Post a Comment